* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 1/2 cups uncooked rolled oats
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup applesauce (I added a little extra applesauce, as it was too crumbly)
* 1 cup chopped walnuts (I omitted)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the oats, flour, cinnamon, and vanilla. Fold in the applesauce and walnuts. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan.
3. Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Cool in pan, and cut into squares.