- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups dried bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- In a small bowl, combine the butter/margarine, parsley, chives and lemon juice. Blend all together and refrigerate.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of wax paper and pound well to flatten. Remove paper and season breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove seasoned butter from refrigerator and divide it into 6 portions. Place one portion in the center of each chicken breast. Fold the short ends of the breasts into the center, then fold in the sides. Secure each breast with a wooden toothpick.
- Add the water to the eggs and beat together. Coat each rolled breast with bread crumbs, dip into egg/water mixture, then into bread crumbs again, coating well. Chill breasts for one hour.
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Carefully lower breasts into hot oil. Fry for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper toweling and serve.