As a kid, we would go to the farmers markets in the morning and by lunch time all the food vendors would be cooking up their bratwurst… The smell of the curry and the bratwurst makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I make this from time to time and my kids love it.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 pound kielbasa
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- Curry powder to taste
- Preheat oven to Broil/Grill.
- Pour tomato sauce into a large saucepan, then stir in the chili sauce, onion salt, sugar and pepper. Let simmer over medium heat, occasionally stirring; bring to a gentle boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, broil/grill kielbasa sausage for 3 to 4 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Slice into pieces 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick.
- Pour tomato sauce mixture over sausage, then sprinkle all with paprika and curry powder and serve.