- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- German stone ground mustard, to taste
- 1/2 pound thick sliced bacon
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) jar dill pickle slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- Cut the flank steak into thin filets; about 1/4 inch thick and 3 inches wide.
- Generously spread one side of each filet with mustard to taste. Place bacon, onions and pickle slices on each filet and form into a roll. Use string or toothpicks to hold the roll together.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt butter. Place the rolls in the butter and saute until browned.
- Pour in 2 1/2 cups of water and add the bouillon cube; stirring to dissolve the bouillon cube. Simmer the rolls for about an hour.