- 6 pounds onions, sliced
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 4 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 recipes pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a jelly-roll pan or large pizza pan with prepared dough, making sure dough extends up sides of pan.
- Saute onion in a until translucent and pour cooked onion into a large mixing bowl. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, chop and add to onion; mix well.
- Stir in sour cream. Beat eggs enough to break up yolks, then mix in to pie mixture. Add flour to thicken mixture (onions will create a lot of water), then add salt. Mix well and pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with caraway seed.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until onions start to turn golden brown on top.